Lift Cannabis Forum 2015
May 11, 2015 Videos
Although ‘recreational’ regulation of marijuana remains a hot topic, Canada already currently has one of the most comprehensive, federally legal medical marijuana regulatory systems in the world under Health Canada’s Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR). Licensed Producers – the only legal, commercial producers of marijuana in Canada – must adhere to quality assurance standards similar to those in place for commercial pharmaceuticals.
Within the industry, there is ongoing debate about these quality assurance practices and how they relate to production, sale, and public health. To engage the community in this dialogue, Lift is holding a forum highlighted by a diverse panel of industry experts.
- Jonathan Page – Adjunct Professor, Botany Department, UBC, Founder, Anandia Labs
- Dieter MacPherson – Executive Director, Victoria Cannabis Buyers Club
- Brent Zettl – President and CEO, CanniMed Ltd.
- Mark Haden – Adjunct Professor, School of Population & Public Health, UBC
- Hilary Black – Director of Patient and Community Services, Bedrocan Canada
- Pilippe Lucas – Vice President, Patient Research and Services, Tilray
- Emily Kirkham – VP of Laboratory Operations, Signoto
- Jonathan Zaid – Founder, Canadians for Fair Access to Medical Marijuana (CFAMM)